Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Love my tiles but not laid evenly??

It was so disappointing to see my beautiful tiles not laid the way we were expecting it to be laid. Its not even. even the grout distance is shocking to me. I was so excited about it but here it is! We have a meeting with the SS on Friday, hopefully we can highlight this and they might do something for us. he said that she is an experienced tiler but looking at the work...am not too sure. The main bath was done really nicely and you cant really notice because its 200x200 ceramic tiles. but with the 300x300 in the ensuite, an experienced tiler should have been called. here are the pics, you can clearly see that it is not even. I am not sure if i could hurt myself as the corners are sharp. Am I asking for too much?? When I had my meeting with the tiler, I asked her to mitre the tiles and she said no, she can't do it and that we have to order the tiles mitred. So i thought fine. But then everyone I speak to says thats crap and she should have the tools to mitre the tiles :( Anyways lesson learnt, i need to make sure this is all documented during pre-start!


see the tile ? this can be found in a few places...

Isn't the distance between the tile too far? Even the distance between the grout and tile for all sides are different...did she use a spacer? am not too sure?

I paid extra labour cost because it is more difficult to lay porcealin.....

Crooked .....

0 comments:

Post a Comment