Monday, February 15, 2010

Tiles Dilema continues...

I had my meeting with the senior site supervisor on Thursday. He said he will be getting the tiler to replace the tiles which have bad liping but otherwise he is not going to re-do the floor! I asked him why? he said they is no set rule saying that the laying has to be 2mm apart. I told him "You told me that the tiles are laid the same in the display homes. I went to the display homes and it is not the same. The display homes are laid closely". He replies me saying he did not say that! "but you did!" he said no. How do I argue? He said even though the gap is bigger, it is consistent!
He said there maybe a variance of 0.25mm.I took out my measuring tape. I told him, "look at this! This gap is 5mm and this is 3.5mm! thats 1.5mm! I told him you have to agree that she did a crap job! he said "i do not agree". So then i started pointing out things. and everything i pointed at he said "she will fix it"... if she was such an experience tiler and done such a great job..why would anything need fixing?? arghhhhhhhhhhhh! He then said "all i can say is we are not re-doing the tiles. If you are not happy you can bring it to the builders registration board, but they probably tell you the same thing"

All I can say is .....BRING IT ON! All we can do is try. If the builders registration board is blind as well...then what can we do? :( Since we are tiling up to the top later, the floor tiles should line up with the wall. She has done the wall ones in the shower closely and the floor ones further apart..it so frustrating but hey what can we do?

0 comments:

Post a Comment