Saturday, February 6, 2010

Tile Expedition ;p

Well we had a meeting with the SS on Friday, and he told us he will fix the tiles in the ensuite where there is bad lipping. but I told him i am still not happy about the distance between the tiles. Rectified tiles are meant to be laid close together .... mimimum they can do is 1.5mm. That would be great but i dont mind 2mm even! Our wall tiles, she has done it at 2.5mm and the floor it varies between 4mm and 6mm! According to the SS, he said the tiles have to be far apart because of the drainage. I thought to myself noway..cant be. Then he said all our display homes have big tiles and they are far apart! ahahhh! soo ..todayyy i went to one of their display homes. Guess what? the floor tiles are about 2mm distance! I took some shots. Then I tried calling the SS but he didnt answer....anyways its Saturday. He probably is not working on the weekends ;p Got carried away ;p Well I sent him an sms and told him that i looked at the display home and there are 2mm apart all over the floor. so i want everything redone to 2mm. If the tiler is not able to do this, please find another tiler. Also someone who knows how to mitre tiles. You see we wanted our tiles mitred and asked her to do it. She turned around and told us that we have to order the tiles mitred. Apparently thats a load of crap! Tilers mitre the tiles, its just that it takes time. So now because she 'lied' we have unmitred tiles and it doesnt look good. Anyways hopefully they do something about that. Maybe i should make a big deal about it. Anyways my senior site supervisor has been pretty good, so i expect him to replace it for us.


My ensuite Wall Tile - abt 2.5mm

My floor tiles - abt 6mm. The wall and floor tiles are exactly the same size so the gap should be the same!

Display home ensuite tile 300x300 non rectified - abt 2mm
The display home floor rectified tile 300x300 - 2mm. Even smaller than my wall tile gap.

0 comments:

Post a Comment